More Than 45 Years Later, SMS Continues to Adapt to Industry Needs
Grow, Adapt, Lead
SMS Delivers Talented Teams, Innovative, Cost-effective Solutions, and Services to Support Our Customers’ Mission
"We need to constantly think of re-inventing ourselves, without going to the other side of the street and getting hit by a car..."
- Bert Rosecan, Founder SMS, May 2019
I remember smiling when my Dad made this statement, as the two of us sat in his office talking shortly after I started as president of SMS in March 2019. He said it with a familiar mix of bluntness and a wrinkle of fun…and in many ways, the statement demonstrated how he had run the company for nearly 45 years. His style - and the company's style - was one of being modern, adapting, and changing, but with a planned, conservative approach.
Throughout the decades, my Dad emphasized many core values and beliefs, including customer focus and maintaining a good reputation; hiring and working with the right people; and always trying to find unique ways to provide value. With him in mind, we distilled these values into three Cs: commitment, collaboration, and creativity.
Since my Dad's passing in early 2022, we have worked to continue to move SMS forward. From introducing new solutions and services, to an updated executive organizational structure, and an enduring focus on employees doing outstanding work, we have designed this website to tell the story of a company with a deep history of finding new ways to support our customers.
We Work Together to Provide the Best Support for Our Customers & Peers
Create efficiencies and improvements in all that we do, asking how we can do better.
We continually analyze and evaluate our performance and adapt to a changing world through the evolution of current skills and acquiring new ones.
Work together to achieve common goals and overcome our challenges.
We foster open communication to solve problems and drive growth as individuals and as an organization. We value others and deliver innovative solutions.
Go the extra step as professionals to deliver on our promises to our colleagues and customers.
We do what is right, ensuring we earn the trust of others in the delivery of our services, remaining dedicated to quality and backing up our promises.
SMS is committed to conducting its business in accordance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules and regulations and in accordance with high standards of business ethics. SMS employees are expected to comply, and assist the company to comply, with all applicable laws and regulations.
We fully subscribe to the following:
- We adhere to the highest standards of ethical business conduct and expect the same of its employees, officers and Board of Directors. We all have a responsibility to act in the best interests of the corporation.
- Continued long-term success depends on our upholding the integrity of the procurement process in bidding, negotiating and performing contracts for our Government customers. We compete fairly and ethically for all business opportunities.
- SMS’ customers place special trust and confidence in us when they award us work. We must honor this special trust by ensuring the integrity of our accounting and company records.
- We are committed to providing a safe and respectful work environment free from threats, violence, harassment and discrimination. Respecting others and performing with excellence allows every employee to achieve success in our workplace.
A Legacy of Innovation and Government Contracting
For forty-five years, SMS has been at the forefront of advances in information technology and government contracting. From introducing high performance mainframe peripherals to the federal government in the 1970s, to large-scale Pentagon renovation and Base Realignment and Closure support and on-site operations in the 2000s, we create innovative solutions for our customers’ biggest challenges.
History of SMS
Learn more about SMS' founder, Bert Rosecan. Bert’s passion for business was matched by his ability to connect to employees, customers, and partners
Interested in a Career With Us?
SMS is known not only for our reputation of technical excellence but also for our passionate and knowledgeable staff. We are continuously looking for talented, motivated individuals who want to become part of a dynamic team with an established track record of supporting the federal government.