Engineering & Operations
Certified Systems Integrators Delivering Customer’s Customized Needs
Forward Thinkers in Security Solutions
SMS Allows You to Focus on Your Mission While Giving You IT and Engineering Results
For over four decades, SMS has designed, built, and integrated technology solutions for many of the federal government’s most critical enterprises. Engineering and operations are critical components in the design, development, and maintenance of complex systems, infrastructure, and equipment. We support modernization initiatives across the Department of Defense, Intelligence Community, and federal civilian agencies with secure solutions for network, data center, application, cloud migration and IT as a Service efforts. Our efficient, cost-effective solutions and services focus on availability, geo-redundancy, scalability, security, and future-proofing for growth and mission goals.
SMS provides the expertise to expand our engineering initiatives into long-term service delivery. Our cleared and certified engineers continuously train on new technologies to best advise our customers, as well as receive advanced certifications. Our operations support focuses on continuously optimizing our customers’ systems, processes, and infrastructure while responding to their everyday IT needs. We hire and retain mission-focused engineers, analysts, administrators, technicians, and project managers who have the ability to interpret, assess, and perform to our customers’ missions, requirements, and goals.
SMS’ engineers work closely with software developers, operations teams, and other stakeholders to understand their needs and requirements, and use this information to design and implement platforms that meet the critical needs of modern digital businesses.
- Internal Developer Platform
- Landing Zone (AWS/Azure)
- Infrastructure as Code
- Configuration as Code
- Documentation and Diagrams as Code
- Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery
- Service Catalog
- Observability and Tracing
- Software Development
We create architecture and infrastructure to support a variety of cloud platforms, including Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud Platform to virtualize, containerize, and employ serverless computing.
- Infrastructure as a Service
- Application Migration, Re-platforming and Refactoring
- Container Orchestration [Kubernetes]
- Serverless and Functions as a Service
- Hybrid Multi-Cloud Orchestration
- Multi-Cloud Networking
- Hyperconverged Infrastructure
- Metal as a Service
Enable strategic objectives to bring your ideas into fruition in a fast-paced, globally connected society.
- Routing and Switching
- Technology Integration/Migration
- Coalition Interoperability Engineering
- VoIP and Communications Engineering
Our expertise extends to managing the security of endpoints as well as data in transit, with emphasis on threat modeling and risk assessment to quickly identify and mitigate security vulnerabilities.
- Identity, Credential and Access Management (ICAM)
- Secure Access Service Edge
- Security Service Edge
- Comply to Connect
- Antivirus and Endpoint Detection and Response
- Customer Edge Security Stacks
- Application Security Stacks
- Container Security
- Network Security Stacks
- Zero Trust Architecture
- Application Security
- Policy as Code
As legacy networks are modernized, SMS’ engineers prioritize seamless integration to ensure the highest quality user experience and satisfaction.
- Network Modernization
- NOC Support
- Enterprise Management Systems (EMS)
- Network Management and Monitoring
- Performance Management
- Incident and Outage Response
- End User Experience Monitoring
- DDoS Mitigation and Response
Our professionals work to identify and respond to security incidents in a timely and effective manner, and they often collaborate with security engineers to ensure that security measures are up to date and effective.
- SOC Support
- Continuous Monitoring
- Security Info & Event Management (SIEM)
- Network Systems Security (IPS/IDS)
- Vulnerability Management
- Penetration Testing
- Security Automation
- SOAR, XSOAR
Interested In a Career With Us?
SMS is known not only for our reputation of technical excellence but also for our passionate and knowledgeable staff. We are continuously looking for talented, motivated individuals who want to become part of a dynamic team with an established track record of supporting the federal government.